WEDnetPA: Training Funds for Companies in Pennsylvania
Funds available for companies based in or with a large presence in Pennsylvania.
The Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA) brings training funds to qualified companies across the Commonwealth through a network of community colleges, state system universities, and other educational institutions, including the American Injection Molding (AIM) Institute.
Companies can receive an annual reimbursement of $600 / employee for Essential Skills Training and $1,200 / employee for Advanced Technology Training. Each employee is eligible to receive both reimbursements in the same year. The employee must live and work in Pennsylvania to be eligible.
Maximum of $75,000 annually per company for Essential Skills Training reimbursement and $50,000 for Advanced Technology Training reimbursement. Companies can apply for these funds for two consecutive years, and three out of every five years.
Where do AIM’s training programs fit?
Based on our conversations with WEDnetPA, our programs are likely to fit into the following categories:
- PTE Program: Essential Skills and Advanced Technology
- Molders’ Series: Advanced Technology
- Development Courses: Essential Skills *or* Advanced Technology
- Autodesk Moldflow Courses: Advanced Technology
Please note that these designations are subject to change.
How to apply for funding
How to apply for the WEDnetPA grant for American Injection Molding Institute training
- Visit the WEDnetPA home page.
- Select Apply (upper right corner)
- Select “make sure your company indeed qualifies for the training” and review the employer and employee qualifications under item number 1
- Select “apply for the training online”
- Complete form:
- Near the end of the form you will be asked to select a partner from a list – generally you choose a partner that is in your area, but you may choose whomever you wish. AIM is not a partner of WEDnetPA, but rather a training provider. These partners serve as the entry point through which companies apply for funding.
- Select “submit request”
- The Partner will then contact you to either approve or reject your inquiry. If approved, the partner will walk you through the remaining steps to secure funding.
- Your company still pays AIM in full. You then submit to WEDnetPA a copy of the training invoice and they will reimburse your company the pre-determined sum.
If you would like to submit an additional grant to be added to this list, let us know!