Attendees will be required to disassemble, evaluate, measure and record various aspects of a 32-cavity, 3-plate mold with tapered shut-offs using the appropriate tools. Students will work through all phases of a systematic approach to mold maintenance and determine appropriate corrective actions while applying the troubleshooting and bench techniques learned throughout the course.
- Critical phases of any mold maintenance program
- Bench techniques such as which precision tools to use for a given situation
- How to clean molds efficiently (ultra-sonics, dry ice)
- How to diagnose water flow issues in mold cooling channels
- The importance of defect position analysis to determine patterns and trends of maintenance issues
- Understanding plastic flow as it related to part problems such as flash, short shots, damaged mold components, etc…
- Importance of pride in ones work
- Basic mold types and terminology
- Shop and bench design ideas
- All course materials, including:
- Course book
- Calculators, pens, pencils, etc…
- Daily breakfast snacks and lunch
- Certificate of Attendance
There may be grant funding available to help you pay for our courses. Learn more.