Plastics 101 introduces the student to AIM’s philosophy that regardless of a person’s job function it is imperative they understand each of the four core disciplines of the injection molding industry.
Attendees will leave Plastics 101 having an understanding of the language of our industry through a mix of lectures, class exercises, a mold disassembly/reassembly lab, and a processing lab at the injection molding machine,
- Common industry terms and equations
- Plastics history
- Plastic materials & classifications
- Material shrinkage
- Plastic flow
- Mold design
- Lab 1: mold tear-down and build
- Injection molding processing
- Common process terminology
- Common part defects and root causes
- Lab 2: process development
- Part design
- Mold filling simulation
- All course materials, including:
- Course book
- Calculators, pens, pencils, etc…
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Certificate of Attendance
Are you a hiring manager?
We can also help you evaluate your workforce and assist you with creating a Workforce Development Plan that will truly help your organization.
Complete the form below and an AIM representative will contact you to begin your Workforce Evaluation.
Plastics 101 is currently in-person, however if interested in taking Plastics 101 online, please see our Plastics Bootcamp offerings.
There may be grant funding available to help you pay for our courses. Learn more.