Molding 1 is a foundational course taught over the duration of one week. The course begins with a discussion on safety and basic molding machine operation. This discussion progresses into a breakdown of the steps of the molding process in which attendees will get an understanding of what is happening and when and how the machine should be running.
From there, students will learn about the molding machine, material, and mold as well as how to prepare each before a part is molded through the course of various labs. These labs include changing the settings on the molding machine to understand cause and effect, material preparation, and a mold tear down to better understand the mold.
Once attendees have completed and verified all of items using AIM’s process start-up checklist, the course moves to process start-up and verification. Students will systematically begin molding parts at a safe start-up condition progressing through to match the fill only part and then the full part.
At the course end, students will discuss process troubleshooting to learn to identify the root cause and corrective action using the knowledge learned throughout the course.
- Safely start up and run a mold on based on a provided process sheet
- Perform effective front line (basic) troubleshooting
- Communicate utilizing common industry terminology for molding machines and processes
- Understand the basic relationship of the four key elements of the injection molding process and how each affects the final part
- Recognize if a process is replicated incorrectly
- Over 40 hours of on-site education and training
- Homework with instructor reviews
- All course materials, including:
- Course book
- Calculators, pens, pencils, etc…
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Graduation package including your ANAB-Accredited Molding 1 Certificate and additional graduation gifts
Are you a hiring manager?
We can also help you evaluate your workforce and assist you with creating a Workforce Development Plan that will truly help your organization.
Complete the form below and an AIM representative will contact you to begin your Workforce Evaluation.
There may be grant funding available to help you pay for our courses. Learn more.
Is the class you wanted sold out? Seats sometimes open up. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a waiting list.