Click on any testimonial to read more!
Jump to: PTE Program | Molders’ Series | Development Courses | Autodesk Moldflow | iMFLUX
Plastics Technology & Engineering Certificate Program
- "I found the program to be everything I thought it would be and so much more."Josh SmithMechanical Engineer - ENGELJosh SmithMechanical Engineer - ENGEL
“I found the program to be everything I thought it would be and so much more. The content, staff and execution was meticulously thought out. I am walking away from this experience with far more than I could have ever hoped and find myself using the imparted knowledge on an almost daily basis. Thanks to John and yourself for seeing the need and developing this great program. Also, please pass on my thanks to the entire AIM staff for a job well done.”
- "The education is better than anything I learned in school 20 years ago."Chad JohnsonSenior Process Engineer - Phillips MedisizeChad JohnsonSenior Process Engineer - Phillips Medisize
“AIM will not make you an expert in any specific area in the Injection Molding process. However, it will make you a well-rounded individual that can talk to any portion of the molding process. From part design through production. Whether it is comparing material properties to select the best polymer for the application, or providing input on tool design to produce consistent, capable parts. AIM has extremely knowledgeable instructors. Some of the most brilliant minds I have encountered in 20 years in Injection Molding. The knowledge I have gained is invaluable. Thank you to David Hoffman, and all the instructors at AIM. You have a program that is going to change the industry.
The education is better than anything I learned in school 20 years ago. Learning from the basic chemistry to mold/part design has changed my approach and thought process. Honestly the last 4 hours and flow groups in the molding portion was worth the cost of the course. I have already used that to assist in 2 issues. Having a foundation to understand WHY things happen the way they do is huge. Like you say.... plastic flows the way it flows. Using all the building blocks AIM has provided this far has changed the thought process. That I’d say is the biggest benefit.”
- "Directly because of the knowledge gained in this course, I was able to assist in solving a major production problem..."Jim PutnamMold / Tooling Engineer - WhelenJim PutnamMold / Tooling Engineer - Whelen
"I want to personally thank you for coming together and creating the content for the Processing section of the PTE program. Directly because of the knowledge gained in this course, I was able to assist in solving a major production problem last week that was not only costing us lost time and money, but was causing repeated damage to a complicated tool. This course contained the techniques, principals and enough practical application to give me the confidence and ability to correctly diagnose and correct a poorly set up process."
- "This program is fantastic and I am honored to be an alumni."LeeAnn ThompsonQuality Manager - ThogusLeeAnn ThompsonQuality Manager - Thogus
“I do want to let you know I thoroughly enjoyed the PTE program. As you know walking in, I had a very limited understanding of how this whole plastics world works. I would see quality issues and would say go fix it. Now I know it’s not that easy. I don’t have to look at the team with a blank stare anymore. I now know and understand what they are talking about, and I can be an active member of problem solving vs a translator to the customer in hopes I got it right. This program is fantastic and I am honored to be an alumni. Thanks for everything.”
- "The American Injection Molding Institute has delivered a curriculum which offers the plastics industry a new standard of professional and technical education."Ron DaulTechnical Manager, Polymer Manufacturing Engineering - General MotorsRon DaulTechnical Manager, Polymer Manufacturing Engineering - General Motors
“The American Injection Molding Institute has delivered a curriculum which offers the plastics industry a new standard of professional and technical education.
By listening to the needs of industry and bridging the gap between university preparation and schedule driven product industrialization, AIM provides the auto industry immediate value for professional development investment.
The comprehensive balance at AIM between product design, material science, tooling and manufacturing process validation, aligns with the real challenges inherent to all plastic product development.”
- "I am recommending the program to others at my company."Robert LagowSenior Design Engineer - MedivatorsRobert LagowSenior Design Engineer - Medivators
"I wanted to thank the AIM Institute for teaching a well-organized and beneficial course/program – It has already helped me in the design of new molded components, advice to others on different polymers and resins, critiquing new mold designs at design reviews, understanding issues with molding processes –among many others. I am recommending the program to others at my company."
- "You are awesome teachers that really know how to bring across difficult to understand material and make it fun and enjoyable to learn."Sean MertesApplication Development Engineer - Amco PolymersSean MertesApplication Development Engineer - Amco Polymers
"I LOVE this stuff and never want to stop learning. I studied pretty hard and feel proud that I did well, but also want to say that it is because of you guys that this is a phenomenal class. I am so proud to be part of it, on the advisory board and everything. It is because you are awesome teachers that really know how to bring across difficult to understand material and make it fun and enjoyable to learn."
- "The PTE Certificate Program from AIM has been a foundation of both the training plans and continuous improvement rigor we apply..."Patrick KippesDirector, Component and Tooling Engineering - CepheidPatrick KippesDirector, Component and Tooling Engineering - Cepheid
“At Cepheid, nothing short of exceeding our customer’s expectation each and every time is considered acceptable. It takes world-class methods, behaviors, and practices from top-notch talented people to achieve those types of goals. The PTE Certificate Program from AIM has been a foundation of both the training plans and continuous improvement rigor we apply to our personnel development and our approaches to design, development, and validation of injection molded components.”
- "I am walking away from this experience with far more than I could have ever hoped and find myself using the imparted knowledge on an almost daily basis."Joshua SmithMechanical Engineer - ENGELJoshua SmithMechanical Engineer - ENGEL
"I found the program to be everything I thought it would be and so much more. The content, staff and execution was meticulously thought out.
I am walking away from this experience with far more than I could have ever hoped and find myself using the imparted knowledge on an almost daily basis. Thanks to John and yourself for seeing the need and developing this great program. Also, please pass on my thanks to the entire AIM staff for a job well done."
- "This was easily one of the best educational experiences of my life."Jacob MartinProduct Development Engineer - Kreg ToolJacob MartinProduct Development Engineer - Kreg Tool
"Thanks for developing this program for professionals. This was easily one of the best educational experiences of my life. It was an absolute pleasure attending the AIM Institute."
- "My knowledge and growth will help me bring quality improvements back to my company."Johnnie WestManufacturing Engineer - Georg Fischer Central PlasticsJohnnie WestManufacturing Engineer - Georg Fischer Central Plastics
"The AIM PTE Program has given a new engineer in the plastics world knowledge that would have taken years to acquire through experience. My knowledge and growth will help me bring quality improvements back to my company."
- "I would encourage more people to come here to learn."Nick TustinLead Process Technician - Prism PlasticsNick TustinLead Process Technician - Prism Plastics
"The opportunity to run a machine unfamiliar and new was a real treat, and the insight from the instructor was helpful for my own confidence moving forward in the field.
I would encourage more people to come here to learn. I learned a lot from the course."
- "I will provide an immediate return on investment to my employer as a result of my training here."Ric KnerrInjection Molding Process Technician - HON Company; HNIRic KnerrInjection Molding Process Technician - HON Company; HNI
"I will do my best to ensure I continue training through AIM Institute. I will also inform my superiors to schedule training for others through AIM Institute. I will provide an immediate return on investment to my employer as a result of my training here."
- "This is a great facility and great program."Alex SullivanLead Process Technician - Prism PlasticsAlex SullivanLead Process Technician - Prism Plastics
"This is a great facility and great program. I look forward to sending more people here and coming back myself."
- "The AIM Institute has been instrumental in developing my injection molding career as well as giving me tools to succeed."John WoodsMold Process Engineer - MolexJohn WoodsMold Process Engineer - Molex
"The AIM Institute has been instrumental in developing my injection molding career as well as giving me tools to succeed. This course let me apply all that was learned during PTE. Practical experience and confidence I could not get otherwise."
- "...This course provided great topics that were data-driven..."Shawn WahlstromProduction Manager - Federal Molding Corp.Shawn WahlstromProduction Manager - Federal Molding Corp.
"I liked that this course provided great topics that were data-driven and are going to not only help me become a better molder, but gave me tools to show others within my company the facts and data behind the practices."
- "This is a must for anyone in the plastics industry."Robert PozzoTooling Engineer - Edwards LifesciencesRobert PozzoTooling Engineer - Edwards Lifesciences
"Kudos to Dave [Rose]. Very professional and clearly experienced in real world application. He was very clear and was able to get all points across and I enjoyed his energy and knowledge.
[The Plastic Materials Development Course] is a must for anyone in the plastics industry."
- "I highly recommend bringing this valuable knowledge into the hands of your teams."Jesse AustinSr. Industrial Engineer - W.L. GoreJesse AustinSr. Industrial Engineer - W.L. Gore
"Whatever your knowledge of injection molding is, whether you are in purchasing, production support, or research and development, you will all gain something extremely valuable from this course.
I have received nothing but positive feedback from all divisions of our company after hosting this training. I highly recommend brining this valuable knowledge into the hands of your teams."
-Injection Molding Development Course
- "AIM goes above and beyond."David RobyProject Engineer - Nifco AmericaDavid RobyProject Engineer - Nifco America
"The AIM Institute goes above and beyond to ensure attendees are comfortable and understand the material presented."
- "I would take more courses that Dave [Rose] teaches."Ryan RecknagelProduct Engineer, LDP - Miniature Precision Components Inc.Ryan RecknagelProduct Engineer, LDP - Miniature Precision Components Inc.
"Dave (Rose) did a great job. Professional but laid back. Was very knowledgeable about everything we covered. I would take more courses that Dave teaches."
- Plastic Materials Development Course
- "Helped to close some of the many questions I've had over the years."Chad DavisQuality Engineer - Nifco AmericaChad DavisQuality Engineer - Nifco America
"The basic examples helped to better understand some of the concepts.
Helped to close some of the many questions I've had over the years."
- Plastic Materials Development Course
- "I think I've learned enough to be dangerous."Tyler HochschwenderSr. Engineer - Edwards LifesciencesTyler HochschwenderSr. Engineer - Edwards Lifesciences
"[The Plastic Materials Course] was very engaging. Made the topic very clear and easy to understand and follow. The content covered was a good blend of beginner to advanced topics, from theoretical basis to practical application.
From knowing nothing about materials and molding, I think I've learned enough to be dangerous. I enjoyed how the theory was presented and the logical flow of the course led to the practical application of the material covered. I think I will now better understand molding and what the right questions are to ask during process debugging stages.
Overall great course and very helpful."
- "Extremely useful and applicable course. I learned a ton..."Jacob KovacevichProduct Engineer - Miniature Precision Components Inc.Jacob KovacevichProduct Engineer - Miniature Precision Components Inc.
"Extremely useful and applicable course. I learned a ton over the past two days. I feel much more confident in my ability to understand mold design and picked up quite a few pointers."
- Mold Design Development Course
- "Great level of detail for a 2-day course."Justin KovachProject Engineer - JALEX MedicalJustin KovachProject Engineer - JALEX Medical
"Great balance of high-level information and depth on important topics for a course of this duration. The instructor was excellent at diving deeper into topics when questions were asked.
It is useful for having basic principles in mind while designing a part, an also gives enough initial background into the theory to then be able to go out and learn more detail where needed. Great course for an introduction to basics of design."
- Part Design Development Course
- "This course was Excellent."Monique ElseyManufacturing Manager - US FarathaneMonique ElseyManufacturing Manager - US Farathane
"This course was excellent as well as the AIM Institute. I enjoyed my experience over the last two days. I would definitely come back for future training."
- "I can’t say enough good about this training."Curt CorteStaff Plastic Technologist, Injection Molding - Edwards LifesciencesCurt CorteStaff Plastic Technologist, Injection Molding - Edwards Lifesciences
"The trip across the country was well worth the effort. Jennifer Schmidt did an outstanding job providing classroom instruction that included detailed explanations, one-on-one guidance for those difficult questions and interjected her “real world” experiences that were invaluable in understanding and operating the software to its maximum potential.
After attending the initial 3-day fundamentals course I learned what is effective and not so effective. Example - wizards, not a bad option if your part geometry is clean and simple but if your model requirements are more extensive, understanding the proper repair procedures are invaluable. If ever there was a good example of the old adage “garbage in, garbage out” this would be it.
I can’t say enough good about this training. I left Erie, PA with all the confidence to jump in and start preforming my own mold flow simulations along with a little taste test on the filling & packing, cooling and warp analysis. Can’t wait to get back (to AIM) for the advanced training!"
(Attended Moldflow Insight Fundamentals while employed at LifeProof)
- "I'm already looking forward to the next class!"Amy MathisEngineering Project Manager - FerriotAmy MathisEngineering Project Manager - Ferriot
"Jenn was great at answering questions and showing us so much to learn. I was really impressed with the class and the whole facility. What a great place to learn more about plastics and how to apply what we learned."
- Understanding and Applying Moldflow Simulation
- "Y'all are rock stars!"Jacob GehlProcess Engineer - Carlson ToolJacob GehlProcess Engineer - Carlson Tool
"The course and facility are amazing. You have some amazing people here... Y'all are rock stars!"
-Understanding and Applying Moldflow Simulation
- "This class exceeded my expectations."Jerry GrafManager of Engineering - FerriotJerry GrafManager of Engineering - Ferriot
"Excellent course - I am very impressed with AIM and Beaumont in general. The introduction to plastics and the detail provided regarding how an analyst might use Moldflow was very useful background."
- Understanding and Applying Moldflow Simulation
- "Kudos to the cleanliness of the lab."Ed DolnackApplications Lab Manager - BraskemEd DolnackApplications Lab Manager - Braskem
"The instructor was very personable and down to earth; easy to communicate with. Without going too deep, [Intro to iMFLUX] was a good introduction into the green curve. I would look towards AIM for future training of new hires not familiar with iMFLUX."
- "I was really impressed by all the amenities available!"Ben KatsarskyProcess Engineer - Harbec, Inc.Ben KatsarskyProcess Engineer - Harbec, Inc.
"The hands-on molding for iMFLUX was a real 'a-ha' moment and it all came together."
- "Everything was well-planned and thought out."Megan ForsheyResearch Scientist, Product Technology - BraskemMegan ForsheyResearch Scientist, Product Technology - Braskem
"[Intro to iMFLUX] was well-organized and presented with an excellent knowledge base. Even with a limited knowledge of conventional molding, I was able to follow and learn a lot through this course.
I appreciated having a copy of the slides beforehand to take notes and follow along. The lab sessions interspersed was a nice way to break up the classroom time. This course was an excellent resource, especially for someone new to the industry.
I appreciated how the course and content was organized and kept to schedule."