The Understanding and Applying Moldflow® Simulation course is for those who want to understand the ins and outs of mold filling simulation using Autodesk® Moldflow®.
We teach students how to interpret what those “pretty pictures” mean so that they can comprehend and question what their analyst is telling them by coupling the course with an overview of plastics and plastic flow as related to the injection molding process. Understanding and Applying Flow Simulation also covers both the many uses and limitations of Autodesk Moldflow simulation software, along with which factors affect the accuracy of the results. Students will also learn how to apply the analysis results on the shop floor.
|Jun 15 - 16, 2020||Erie, Pennsylvania||$1,595.00 (USD)|
|Aug 18 - 19, 2020||Erie, Pennsylvania||$1,595.00 (USD)|
There may be grant funding available to help you pay for Autodesk Moldflow Training courses Learn more.
- Overview of the injection molding process
- Understanding plastics and plastic flow characteristics
- Instructor-led tutorial
- Videos of plastic flowing in molds
- Myths of Melt Flow Index for material selection
- Impact of “equivalent materials” in simulation
- Different software choices
- Common uses of simulation
- Limitations of simulation
- Material characterization methods
- Various viscosity models
- Shear rate versus shear stress
- Common simulation results
- Identifying a bad simulation
- Types of meshes (1D up to 3D)
- Part design versus mesh selection
- Meshing strategies
- Interpreting simulation results
- Advanced simulation applications
- Project specification guidelines
- Course duration is two (2) days
- Price for both days: $1,595
- Courses are held 6100 West Ridge Road, Erie, PA 16506
- Participants receive a course manual
*Please note that all of AIM’s Moldflow courses are presented in English only. Students should be fluent in understanding, reading, and writing English in order to attend.