The Part Design module is designed to give students an overview of strategies and challenges facing plastic part design.
Live online events
18 August4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
4 October4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
2 December4 hours, 01:00 PM EST - 05:00 PM EST
The course begins by discussing various part design guidelines and their effect, both good and bad, on the plastic part. The course also provides an introduction to material properties and their influence on the part design, such as the material modulus, and stress / strain considerations.
• Rib design considerations
• Bosses and gussets
• Effect of draft
• Considerations for living hinges
• Orientation effects on part strength
• Strategies for dealing with undercuts
• Part designs that create warp issues