The Part Design module is designed to give students an overview of strategies and challenges facing plastic part design.
Live online events
8 February4 hours, 01:00 PM EST - 05:00 PM EST
13 April4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
5 June4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
15 August4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
16 October4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
The course begins by discussing various part design guidelines and their effect, both good and bad, on the plastic part. The course also provides an introduction to material properties and their influence on the part design, such as the material modulus, and stress / strain considerations.
• Rib design considerations
• Bosses and gussets
• Effect of draft
• Considerations for living hinges
• Orientation effects on part strength
• Strategies for dealing with undercuts
• Part designs that create warp issues