Each module is four hours and runs from 1pm-5pm (EST) daily in English. The Plastic Materials module is designed to give students an overview of various plastic material characteristics.
Live online events
16 August4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
3 October4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
7 December4 hours, 01:00 PM EST - 05:00 PM EST
This module begins by explaining the differences between amorphous and semi-crystalline material classifications, including shrink and warp differences. Students then learn various terms related to and methods used to study and describe how these materials are characterized for rheology.
Finally, the course transitions from conventional rheology into understanding plastic flow inside of an injection mold.
• Amorphous materials and properties
• Semi-crystalline materials and properties
• Video of crystallinity
• Classifications of shrinkage
• Effect of fibers
• Measuring viscosity
• Shear effect on viscosity
• Temperature effect on viscosity
• Melt Flow Index versus capillary rheometers
• Flow classifications
• How plastic flows in a mold