The Mold Design module gives students an overview of injection molds, including mold terminology and design considerations.
Live online events
8 December4 hours, 01:00 PM EST - 05:00 PM EST
6 February4 hours, 01:00 PM EST - 05:00 PM EST
11 April4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
31 May4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
9 August4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
11 October4 hours, 01:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
The course begins by explaining the differences between 2-plate and 3-plate molds, and then transitions into considerations for each of the 5 systems of the mold: ejection, venting, structural, melt delivery, and cooling.
Students will then experience a virtual mold tour, including videos of a complete mold disassembly and reassembly while interacting live with the instructor.
• 2-plate vs. 3-plate molds
• Understanding the 5 systems of the mold
• Parting line considerations
• Hot and cold runner systems
• Importance of cooling
• Types of cooling channel layouts
• Virtual lab: mold tour (4 different molds with videos and images)